Stuck in Our Heads - Vol. 28 - August 2009
Perhaps you didn't get the announcement that I was going on sabbatical for the month of July. That is most likely because I never made an announcement to that effect. Consider this that announcement.
Nothing really happened in July. I went back to work for the first time in two months. It turns out getting through a day while trying to retrain a leg how to work is really tiring. Consequently, I spent most of my time and energy doing that in July.
August, on the other hand...man, there's some shit going down in August. I kicked the month off by turning 33. Then, I went on a little vacation that took me through Rochester, Niagara Falls, Toronto and the Shakespeare Festival in Stratford, Ontario. There were oodles of highlights of that vacation, but the two you need to know about are the $500 I won playing roulette at Casino Niagara and my first introduction to the delectably unholy dish commonly known as poutine. God bless those Canadians!
August's fun hasn't stopped there, however. My orthopedic surgeon (in stereotypical curt, dismissive fashion) finally removed all activity restrictions stemming from my shattered ankle. Vermont became the 48th state I have visited. I woke up overlooking the water on Cape Cod after a wedding party that would put those lazy bastards at Cana to shame. And, there are still two weeks left...
I hope August is making you feel the same way.
Title - Artist
Right Where I Need to Be - Gary Allan
Fuck You - Lily Allen
A Certain Romance - The Arctic Monkeys
Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles
Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
Gloria - Laura Brannigan
Ice Cream and Cake - Buckwheat Boys
Ain't No Rest for the Wicked - Cage the Elephant
Seven Spanish Angels - Ray Charles and Willie Nelson
Tenderoni - Chromeo
Lovers in a Dangerous Time - Bruce Cockburn
Party in the USA - Miley Cyrus
I Be Blowin' - De La Soul
Big John - Jimmy Dean
Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
Brooklyn Rocks - DJ Lobsterdust
I Don't Believe You - Bob Dylan
Unemployed Boyfriend - Everclear
Blame It (on the Alcohol) - Jamie Foxx
I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
Castles Made of Sand - Jimi Hendrix
Human Nature - Michael Jackson
The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll - Mason Jennings
Bennie and the Jets - Elton John
Mr. Brightside - The Killers
Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
Lovegame - Lady Gaga
Put Your Lighters Up - Lil' Kim
Airplanes - Local Natives
Relight My Fire vs. Let it Rock vs. Let There Be Rock - Mad Mix Mustang
Ray of Light - Madonna
Dream a Little Dream of Me - The Mamas and the Papas
Ain't No Sunshine - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
Safety Dance - Men Without Hats
Tuesday Afternoon - The Moody Blues
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
Muppet Show Theme - The Muppets
Heartbreak World - Matt Nathanson
Apologize - One Republic feat. Timbaland
Yellow Ledbetter - Pearl Jam
Suzy Greenberg - Phish
In the Ghetto - Elvis Presley
Keep on Lovin' You - REO Speedwagon
Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones
Baby Britain - Elliott Smith
Looking for a Job - Todd Snider
Kielbasa - Tenacious D
ICU - They Might Be Giants
We Walk - The Ting Tings
Tessellate - Tokyo Police Club
Touch the Sky - Kanye West
Vagabond - Wolfmother
Unknown Legend - Neil Young
Toes - Zac Brown Band
Desperados Under the Eaves - Warren Zevon

1 comment:
Now I'm no historian... Well I do have a degree in History, but What I'm saying here is:
When future data archeologists dig up archives of the notes from the epicenter, they might be data mining the posts to determine trends and significant data in the postings and how they correllated with world events. No July post. Hmm, was there anything in July that might show up in the data. Hmmm did any Kings find themselves in the news again? Hmm was it that child star who died, maybe. Maybe it was that fellow from Gary IN who set his head on fire.
Yes the historians of tomorrow will find a curious absence of any tribute to Michael Jackson in this scholarly work.
just say's all.
Post a Comment